Cauliflower - Sweet and Spicy

Recipe Inspiration Source:  The Fitchen

The glaze makes it!





In progress - coating the cauliflower before baking



This recipe is a keeper!  It's tasty and has quite an interesting kick.  JC, who has claimed on numerous occasions not to like cooked cauliflower, loved it.  Ha!  

Also, I like that the spices give it some color.  I love a colorful plate!

  • 4 cups fresh cauliflower florets - I have used frozen in a pinch and it was fine!
  • 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
  • 2 Tablespoon sriracha - careful!  If you are sensitive to spicy, use less.
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil - Awwww, do I have to?  
  • 1/2 Tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
This recipe is super easy to make in smaller or larger quantities.  You don't have to be real precise.  In fact, I seldom measure anything when making this.  
  1. Preheat oven to 400º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl combine everything but the cauliflower – maple syrup, sriracha, olive oil, tamari, and pepper. Add the cauliflower  and mix until it's well coated.
  3. Pour the cauliflower onto the baking sheet and place in the oven. Be sure to give the cauliflower “room to breathe.” If the baking sheet is over-crowded, the cauliflower will “steam” and it won’t cook right. If you need to, divide it between 2 baking sheets.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.