Salad - Carrot Salad, Spicy

I haven't yet found my keeper recipe, but I know it's worth more trials.  JC like my first efforts, but I didn't.  

Recipe Inspiration Sources:  
Caroline's Cooking
Inspiralized
Mother Would Know




This is what I used in my first attempt at the dressing.  Look at that!  I used the juice from a whole lemon.  That pretty much ruined my salad.  I was thinking tangy, but it was way over the top.  My bad.



  • 8 oz carrots, shredded
FRUIT AND NUT OPTIONS
  • raisins 
  • Orange or tangerine bits
  • almonds, chopped 
FRESH HERB OPTIONS - a little bit of green makes this recipe much prettier!
  • cilantro coriander, finely chopped
  • parsley, finely chopped
DRESSING -  WET Ingredients
  • 2 tbsp vegetable broth 
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice - not more!  I used too much on my first attempt.
  • maple syrup

DRESSING - SPICES - I need to keep looking for the perfect combo.
  • 1/4 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 clove garlic
  • red pepper flakes
  • 1 pinch salt



  1. Peel and coarsely grate the carrots.  Or buy shredded.
  2. Finely chop the cilantro.  
  3. DRESSING: Whisk/stir together the dressing ingredients.
  4. Pour over the carrot and mix through well.
  5. Add the cilantro, almonds and raisins.  Mix and serve or chill until needed.



Hmmmm- this might be good cooked as well.  Might have to investigate.
SHOULD MOROCCAN CARROT SALAD BE RAW OR COOKED?
If you’ve had a Moroccan carrot salad before, you may have had a cooked version. The flavorings are otherwise very similar to this, but of course the texture will be a bit different. You’ll find both in Morrocco, and with a few variations as well.