Condiment - Dipping Sauce - Thousand Island-ish

This is really good, but I want to try it without high fat cashews.  I plan to try making it with a potato base first, maybe with some added carrots or zucchini. 


  • ½ cup (raw) cashews *
 FIND A SUBSTITUTE! - try 2 Yukon Gold potatoes and 2 carrots/1zucchini.
  • 1 Tablespoon tomato paste  I used Sriracha instead since I had it on hand.  It made for a great tang, but to make this more like Thousand Island, I could omit it or even use some ketchup.  I never buy tomato paste and don't want to start just to get 1 TBSP for this one recipe.
  • ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
  • 3 Tablespoons water
  • 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
  • ½ teaspoon reduced-sodium tamari (or Braggs Liquid Aminos, or Coconut Liquid Aminos) 
  • 2 teaspoons dill pickle relish (do not need to drain the pickle brine)
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
  • ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
  • pinch to ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/-) 


Cook veggies to use for base - potatoes, carrots, zucchini, cauliflower...

BLEND - Place the veggies into a high-speed blender.  Add all the remaining ingredients. Blend on high until smooth and emulsified, scraping down the sides occasionally.

Serve as a dipping sauce for fries. Also, it makes a spread for sandwiches.  



Recipe Inspiration Source/s: