🌿 You can make vegan honey mustard dressing with as little as two ingredients if you like! The basics are mustard, maple syrup — but it really pays off when you use a few more delicious add-ins.
Honey Mustard dressing is my absolute favorite dressing, which is funny because I have never particularly loved mustard. I have made this dressing numerous ways and it hardly ever failed. Originally, I would carefully measure, but as I began making it in larger quantities I would add a little of this and a little of that, then taste to see what I might need to add more of to balance the flavors.
The creamy version is good, but I'm moving away from the creamy versions. Mostly, I just use Dijon mustard, fresh squeezed lemons, maple syrup, and garlic powder.
![]() |
| This creamy version is from Nutriciously. |
My Go-To Mason Jar Batch:
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 9 oz yogurt
- 3 tsp garlic powder
For different amounts, use this basic formula -
2 PARTS - SWEETENER:
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- or agave nectar
- or honey if not truly vegan
4 PARTS - MUSTARD:
- 4 tbsp Dijon mustard
- or yellow mustard
- or brown mustard
- or whole grain mustard (combine with one of the other mustards)
6 PARTS - ACIDIC OPTIONS:
- 6 tbsp lemon juice - using fresh lemons is best, but bottled will do in a pinch
- or apple cider vinegar
- or rice wine vinegar
- or red wine vinegar
EXTRA FLAVOR:
- 1 tsp garlic powder - Don't skip! Most all sources highly recommend using this!
6 PARTS - Optional - For a creamy texture add:
☝️ Many sources skipped a base altogether. I prefer the extra creaminess it adds.
- 6 tbsp vegan yogurt
- or silken tofu
- or zucchini, peeled and steamed
DIRECTIONS:
Add the dressing ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake well or use a whisk to blend. Taste and adjust to your preference by adding more of any of the components.
This vegan honey mustard dressing keeps well in the fridge for up to a week (perhaps more, it was always gone by that time in our family) and is best stored in an airtight container.
![]() |
| This super simple version is from Shane and Simple. |
mustard, maple syrup and garlic powder!
He didn't even bother with the acidic ingredient or a creamy base!
Recipe Inspiration Source/s:

